Click on the event to show its details
- This event has passed.
Black Women Lead Equity Forum
April 8, 2021 @ 5:00 pmFree
Join us to explore and celebrate the unique contributions of black women in America today.
Hosted by American Political Strategist Donna Brazile, this program will celebrate
black women’s leadership across politics, entertainment, and media.
Agenda and Featured Speakers
Why We’re All In: Racial and Gender Equity for a New Era
Black Women Journalists Lead
- Jemele Hill, Contributing Writer, The Atlantic and co-host, Cari & Jemele (Won’t) Stick to Sports
Action, Motivation, and Power: Black Women in the Highest Political Offices
- Representative Karen Bass, D-CA
- Glynda Carr, President & CEO, Higher Heights for America
- Representative Barbara Lee, D-CA
- Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins, President Pro Tempore and Majority Leader, New York State Senate
- Tonya Veasey, President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Artists as Activists
Black Women Leading Criminal Justice Reform
- Deborah Archer, President, American Civil Liberties Union and Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Alicia Garza, Principal, Black Futures Lab
- Tish James, New York State Attorney General
If you are able, please consider making a donation to support All In Together’s Community Leadership Program and other initiatives.
The Berkeley Democratic Club schedule of local political events may be of particular interest or civic importance for our membership, but does not indicate sponsorship or any other endorsement by the Berkeley Democratic Club. We hope it can foster a more engaged, interconnected, and informed community.